- Five town roads are closed for the night due to snow blowing onto the roadways from farm fields and creating icy conditions, Riverhad Highway Superintendent George Woodson.
- Telephone scam artists are trying to bilk Riverhead residents of cash using two different ploys, police warn.
- In addition to performing kind acts in their school and community, students from Aquebogue, Phillips Avenue, Riley Avenue and Roanoke Avenue schools and Riverhead Middle School, participated in the Kind Coins for Kenya challenge.
- “The frigid conditions will be dangerous to those venturing outside,” the National Weather Service said. Prolonged exposure may cause frostbite and hypothermia, the weather service said.
- Lively performances featured music by famous black artists and spirituals for a packed auditorium at Riverhead High School last night.
- Three men entered the store, displayed a handgun and a knife and demanded money from an employee, police said.
- A single-car crash on Roanoke Avenue just north of Reeves Avenue just after 6 o’clock tonight sent two people to Stony Brook University Hospital.
Riverhead power outage darkens Route 58, leaves more than 1,200 customers without service Thursday eveningA downed primary wire on Route 58 left much of the commercial corridor in the dark for about 45 minutes Thursday night.
- In addition to performing kind acts in their school and community, students from Aquebogue, Phillips Avenue, Riley Avenue and Roanoke Avenue schools and Riverhead Middle School, participated in the Kind ...
- The third-seeded Red Devils just came out hot and stayed hot for the duration, leading from start to finish. They eventually knocked out No. 2 McGann-Mercy, 46-35.
- The score was 64-62 and 17 seconds remained in the first round Suffolk AA playoff matchup of No. 7 Riverhead and No. 10 Half Hollow Hills East at Riverhead High School on Friday night. Hills East hadn’t led all game. But after point guard Faith Johnson-DeSilvia fouled out with over four minutes left on the clock, ...
- No. 13 North Babylon exploded in the fourth quarter after trailing for most of the game. They went on a 23-7 run and blew the game open, knocking off No. 20 Riverhead, 56-41.
- This Valentine’s Day turn up the heat on that oven, light a few candles and enjoy a different kind of flower with the one you love.
- Recognizing your mother in yourself can be scary and oddly comforting at the same time.
- county began as the East Riding of Yorkshire and, he said, “from there morphed into” Suffolk County in 1683, one of the 12 original counties in the Province of New York, and even after independence and the province becoming a state, Suffolk was “the only county never to be subdivided.”
- You try your best to raise them right. Just when you’re feeling like things are turning out really well, something happens to make you realize you’ve failed to impart very basic life skills.
- Is ex-chief James Burke’s indictment the tip of the iceberg — a fragment of a broader federal investigation into ‘widespread corruption’ in Suffolk County?
- A gourmet bowl of soup, adorned with hearty meat and beans, topped with good-for-you greens, cooking away all day while you get to stay in your pajamas — sound good?
PBMC opens new non-invasive lab, partially funded by a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, dedicated to treating vascular conditionsPeconic Bay Medical Center, a new member of Northwell Health, opened a brand new non-invasive lab last month dedicated to detecting and treating vascular conditions. The lab was partially funded by ...
- Here’s a rundown of the signs and symptoms of heroin use, places to turn for help if someone you care about is using, plus an explanation of how an overdose ...
With PBMC merger complete, life-saving cardiac and trauma procedures will soon be locally available to East End residentsToday’s historic merger between Peconic Bay Medical Center and Northwell Health will soon make life-saving medical services available to East End residents who have always needed to travel up-island for ...
Public Meetings Calendar