- For the second time in a week, a man on the railroad track in Riverhead has been struck by a passenger train.
- Pure North Fork Craft Bar & Bistro, overlooking the 132-acre Great Rock Golf Course in Wading River is celebrating its opening with a ‘Summer Soiree” from 5 to 9 p.m.
- The road should be reopened by 3 p.m., according to Riverhead Highway Superintendent George Woodson.
- Northwell Heath’s chairman of cardiology will personally lead Peconic Bay Medical Center’s cardiac care program, as Eastern Suffolk Cardiology joins the Northwell health system.
- Riverhead library’s interim director Kathy Richter, hired in April after the abrupt departure of library director Joy Rankin, has resigned the position.
- Here are seven places to watch 2016 Fourth of July fireworks in Riverhead and on the North Fork this year.
- People’s United Financial this morning announced a definitive agreement to purchase Suffolk Bancorp in a 100 percent stock transaction valued at approximately $402 million.
- The winner of tomorrow’s Democratic congressional primary will enter a race rated a “toss-up” against freshman Republican Lee Zeldin (R,C-Shirley), according to some political analysts.
- Dozens of students were honored at the annual Riverhead Middle School Awards night last week.
- Photos from Riverhead High School’s Varsity Awards presentation on June 1.
- Five Riverhead High School athletes who have received scholarships to play for Division I or Division II schools this fall were honored at a signing ceremony today at the high school.
- Top-seeded Center Moriches defeated McGann-Mercy in the first round of playoffs yesterday.
- The stories behind some of the homes in the residential neighborhood north of East Main Street, which were mostly built in the century between 1840 and 1940.
- Ah, Father’s Day weekend, this week, as memories of cool waters and fish elongated by time push to the front of our minds, we, both the pros and the amateurs, ...
- A bill pending in the State Legislature could impose significant restrictions on fishing in Plum Gut, the Sluiceway and part of the Race.
- Bass, fluke, jumbo porgies — an abundance in local waters.
- My job is to teach my kids to be good, decent, hard-working, kind and compassionate people who don’t behave like jackasses. And I can’t accomplish any of that if I’m worried about how much they like me.
- Kayleigh reveals her secret techniques to make the flavor of her favorite potato salad as full as possible.
- Student’s mother wishes a heartfelt goodbye to a retiring ESL teacher who made a world of difference in her life when she was a young child, new to the district, the country and the culture.
Judge in Trump U. case should have seen this coming and recused himself to avoid ‘appearance of impropriety’Under Code of Conduct for U.S. judges, it would have been wise, and preferable, for the judge in the Trump case to have anticipated this kind of imbroglio well before it flared up.
- Ah, Father’s Day weekend, this week, as memories of cool waters and fish elongated by time push to the front of our minds, we, both the pros and the amateurs, hear the call to grab our gear and boat a fish to render yet another nostalgic day with dear old dad. As a cold front pushed ...
- Every Sunday at the Nigro house starts with bacon in the frying pan. There are no alternatives. Period. Our bacon is even named Sunday Bacon. And this is Brian’s baby.
- Knowing some basic rescue skills like CPR or how to operate an AED may help you save someone’s life one day.
- Learn how to stay heart healthy and beat the number one killer of women – heart disease.
PBMC Parent Lecture Series topics: Late Talkers, Picky Eaters, Motor Development, Sensory StrategiesPBMC will be offering a lecture series for parents on Monday nights between May 9 and June 6. All lectures will take place from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in ...
Public Meetings Calendar