- Riverhead’s indoor farmer’s market is open for its fourth annual season today and every Saturday through April 29 at 117 East Main Street. The market’s hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free.
- Riverhead Country Day School, which has operated for more than 23 years at a town-owned facility at Stotzky Park is closing its doors at the end of this month.
- The event draws hundreds to the Big Duck each year for carols, the lighting of the duck and a special visit from Father Christmas himself.
- More than a hundred people turned out for the Jamesport Fire Department’s annual tree-lighting ceremony and Santa visit last night at the George Young Community Center.
- The Suffolk County Police Department Impound Section will hold a vehicle auction on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 9 a.m. at the department’s impound yard in Westhampton.
Autism support group ‘Families in Arms’ sending 6-year-old local student and his family on first-ever Disney vacationSix-year-old Shoreham-Wading River student Anthony Belvedere and his family is being sent on the Disney vacation thanks to Families in Arms.
‘One of the very fortunate few’: Diagnosed when it meant near-certain death, local lawyer reflects on 26 years HIV-positiveOn the eve of World AIDS Day, Riverhead attorney Adam Grossman looks back on 26 years of life since his diagnosis with HIV in 1990, before the advent of the effective drug treatments that keep the virus at bay.
Bill to create new zip code for Flanders, Riverside and Northampton passes U.S. House, goes to SenateA bill that would create a new zip code for the hamlets of Flanders, Riverside and Northampton passed the United States House of Representatives in a unanimous vote today.
Riverhead businessman who hosts annual back-to-school giveaway turns his attention to making Christmas merryA Riverhead native with a heart for helping struggling families is working to make Christmas a bit brighter for those in need.
Legislation to create new zip code for Flanders, Riverside and Northampton set for a vote in House tomorrow: ZeldinA new bill that would create a separate zip code for the hamlets of Flanders, Riverside and Southampton is expected to be passed by the House tomorrow.
Suffolk Justice visits Riverhead class to answer questions about the law, criminal justice and students’ rightsThe Honorable William B. Rebolini, a Suffolk County Supreme Court Justice, gave a presentation in a U.S. History and Government class at Riverhead High School.
- McGann-Mercy boys lost to William Floyd 63-38, in a non-league matchup at McGann-Mercy High School yesterday.
- Independent swimmer and Blue Waves freshman Brianna Cybulski has been competing for the last three seasons as an independent swimmer for Riverhead.
- Riverhead Town Board yesterday unanimously approved a site plan to convert an East Main Street property into a restaurant and hotel.
- Despite overcast skies and rain, more than 170 people turned out to Run for the Ridley today, the 19th annual 5K race held in downtown Riverhead to benefit the Riverhead ...
- The Titan Challenge is the uber-race. Think Riverhead Ninja Warriors. Think Extreme Mud Run. You might be close.
- Long work days or afternoons filled with holiday lists that only seem to get longer are in need of a perfect ending. This velvety smooth, creamy tomato soup with cheesy croutons will do the trick.
- How an ongoing 30-year research study of 678 nuns shows the connection of gratitude and a positive life outlook on physical and mental health and longevity.
- We may deviate from the norm, sometimes more than a bit, but it’s our crazy and I’m always thankful for it.
Is the horseshoe crab headed for extinction? Suffolk scientist believes days are numbered for these ‘living fossils’Horseshoe crabs are facing possible extinction after 455 million years of life on Earth — largely because it’s become an Asian delicacy.
In the Kitchen
No more boring turkey sandwiches: Spice up those leftovers with this tasty southwest soupTired of those boring leftover turkey sandwiches and bland casseroles? Here’s a delicious and easy way to serve up those leftovers with a southwestern flair.
- As we gather with friends and family to celebrate America’s national day of Thanksgiving today, let’s remember the people who serve and protect us each and every day, the people who make our country and our communities places we cherish.
Bucking staff recommendation, health committee approves cardiac cath labs for both Riverhead and SouthamptonA state public health committee today decided to ignore the recommendations of department of health staff, which picked Peconic Bay Medical Center as the sole East End site for a ...
A ‘race’ for East End cardiac cath lab: State to decide between Peconic Bay and Southampton for much-needed facility“We are in a race to get a cardiac cath lab in the Town of Riverhead,” Supervisor Sean Walter said last week. The state health department will approve only one ...
- Trying to quit smoking? This program may be one way to help you kick the habit.
Public Meetings Calendar