Business & Finance
- Everyone has heard a nursing home horror story, but here on the East End, we have a nursing home jewel. Peconic Bay Medical Center’s Skilled Nursing Facility has earned top marks in a nationwide report.
- A new pizzeria and restaurant will be opening in the former Uncle Joe’s location on West Main Street next month.
- A transplant from North Carolina and Kentucky, the Shoreham woman joined the Riverhead Chamber as executive director in November.
- It’s a bittersweet moment for Riverhead Diner and Grill owner Liz Strebel, who’s worked in the Main Street eatery virtually all of her adult life. She’s ready to retire and the new owners are brimming with enthusiasm.
- Bridge Bancorp, the parent company of BNB, will issue its 2016 fourth quarter dividend on Jan. 31, 2017
- Kim Cioch, long time banker with Bridgehampton National Bank, has been honored as Lender of the Year by The 504 Company.
- This year marks the 10th anniversary of Winterfest, the highly successful mid-winter celebration of music and performing arts taking place at vineyards, breweries and restaurants across the East End.
- Plumbers Local Union 200 will conduct a recruitment from January 18 through March 29 for 20 plumber apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced yesterday.
- In the past six years, BNB’s staff and customers have contributed more that $100,000 toward local food banks through the annual Apple Campaign.
- Seacoast Kitchens and Flooring is the largest design showroom on the North Fork for cabinetry, countertops, tiling and carpets, featuring exclusive brands at competitive rates.
- Riverhead Gold and Diamond Company is a full-line retail jewelry store that also offers a safe, secure environment to sell unwanted scrap gold, silver and select curio items.
- A family-owned business, Lighthouse Marina was founded by Larry and Arline Galasso in 1970. They had previously started Jericho Boats in Smithtown, and they were looking to buy a marina on the Ea
- Riverhead Motors is a family-run company, owned by partners Sternlicht and Lucki. Across all of its dealerships, the company employs more than 100 people, including technicians, sales and administrative staff.
- “Century 21 is a locally owned company that puts back into the community as opposed to bigger companies with branch offices here and corporate headquarters somewhere else,” said owner Tom Scalia.