Business & Finance
- Cucina 25 opened for business yesterday at 12 W. Main St., just west of Roanoke Avenue.
- The merger’s approval by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency was announced by the Bridgeport-based People’s United yesterday.
From North Fork classrooms to Kenya: Riverhead tech start-up, Brady Rymer will stream concert to schools across globeAfter connecting students from dozens of schools around the world, a Riverhead tech start-up will bring a special piece of the North Fork straight to their classrooms this week with a live-streaming concert by Brady Rymer.
- The acquisition of the Riverhead-based Suffolk Bancorp by People’s United Financial of Bridgeport was originally expected to close by the end of 2016, but federal regulators have not yet signed off on the deal.
- The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for Operating Engineers, Local Union #15, will conduct a recruitment from March 13 through March 24.
- Suffolk Bancorp, the parent company of Suffolk County National Bank released its fourth quarter and 2016 year end results.
- Riverhead Chamber of Commerce will hold its next Lunch and Learn meeting on Feb. 9 at Outerbanks Restaurant.
- Charles Evdos was recently named the executive director of Aid to the Developmentally Disabled.
- Stan Carey, who is the superintendent of the Massapequa Water District and has worked in municipal water distribution systems for more than 30 years, was elected chairman of the L.I. Water Conference.
- Seacoast Kitchens and Flooring is the largest design showroom on the North Fork for cabinetry, countertops, tiling and carpets, featuring exclusive brands at competitive rates.
- Riverhead Gold and Diamond Company is a full-line retail jewelry store that also offers a safe, secure environment to sell unwanted scrap gold, silver and select curio items.
- A family-owned business, Lighthouse Marina was founded by Larry and Arline Galasso in 1970. They had previously started Jericho Boats in Smithtown, and they were looking to buy a marina on the Ea
- Riverhead Motors is a family-run company, owned by partners Sternlicht and Lucki. Across all of its dealerships, the company employs more than 100 people, including technicians, sales and administrative staff.
- “Century 21 is a locally owned company that puts back into the community as opposed to bigger companies with branch offices here and corporate headquarters somewhere else,” said owner Tom Scalia.