- Attendees enjoyed live music, dancing, food from local restaurants, local craft beer and wine, artists, street vendors and a classic car show.
After months of renovation, St. Isidore’s sanctuary reopens with celebration of Polish Mass Saturday morningWhen worshippers gathered for the traditional Polish Mass at St. Isidore’s Roman Catholic Church Saturday just before the opening ceremonies of the 42nd Annual Polish Town Street Fair and Festival, they entered a newly refurbished sanctuary that was opening for the first time all summer. The parish church has been closed ...
- Polish Town, USA had its annual street fair and festival today, after all. The unexpected deluge this morning put a real damper on the fair’s opening traditions.
Polish Town Fair 2016: What’s going on this weekend at Riverhead’s annual street festival in Polish TownThe Polish Town Fair kicks off for its 42nd year tomorrow morning with a street festival packed with vendors, food and a full schedule of events celebrating the community’s Polish heritage.
- The North Fork Community Theater has announced its lineup for the 2016-2017 year. It is the local playhouse’s 59th season.
- An eager group of new teachers and other professionals worked hard during the three-day New Teacher Institute designed to help them integrate as seamlessly as possible into the school district.
Michael Hubbard, severely burned in 2011 ‘gel candle’ explosion at age 14, celebrates his 20th birthday today at PBMCThe Riverhead teen severely burned by an exploding gel candle in 2011 has been hospitalized ever since and today marked his 20th birthday at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
- It’s fur-real, Kent Animal Shelter challenges the public to help win the Million Cat Challenge and save the lives of a million shelter cats over the next five years.
- Riverhead’s “Stop the Violence Basketball Tournament” is going on this weekend at the newly resurfaced Horton Avenue basketball courts.
- High heat, humidity and the threat of severe weather didn’t keep people away from last night’s “Alive on 25” and JumpstART in downtown Riverhead.
- The programs are designed to to help kids look “beyond middle and high school” by giving them a chance to explore career options that interest them.