- Enjoy a night of comedy at the Vail-Leavitt April 1 at a NFAWL fundraiser to help build a new shelter.
- Alive on 25 will take place on the Thursdays of July 13, July 27, August 10 and August 24, with a rain date of August 31.
- One of the robotics teams at Riverhead High School is off to a world championship competition next month.
Former Waves softball standout named ‘Pitcher of the Week’ after throwing two complete game shutouts for OneontaRHS alum Amanda Graziano posted a 3-0 record for the Red Dragons last week, including a pair of complete-game shutouts, with 13 strikeouts in 25 1/3 innings and a 1.11 ERA.
- The N.Y. State Senate Veterans’ Hall of Fame is designed to pay tribute to the men and women of New York who selflessly served in the U.S. Armed Forces and distinguished themselves both in military and civilian life
Irish eyes will be smiling at Polish Hall March 18 when Riverhead Lions host corned beef and cabbage dinnerChannel your inner leprechaun and get to the Lions Club annual corned beef and cabbage dinner.
- Pulaski Street School emerged the winner for the second year in a row in the popular annual contest that pits school against school.
Local insurance agent will venture in for a swim with the sharks to raise money for Aid to the Developmentally DisabledThe Third annual Shamrock Shindig takes place on March 16 at the Long Island Aquarium and features an evening of Irish charm, great food, live music — and a shark tank dunk for good luck.
Scenes of the North Fork by Riverhead plein air artist Christine Dupuis on exhibit at Riverhead Town Hall through May 26The work of Christine Dupuis, a Riverhead painter whose scenes are painted in en plein air style, are showcased in an exhibit at Riverhead Town Hall.
North Fork Profile
Gene Casey: Making music, loving life and feeling blessed, he’s looking forward to new CD release and upcoming concert“I’m doing OK. I work hard but I’m doing more and more and doing it better. I never had dreams of being a superstar; I’m not an aggressive self-obsessed pop-star type. I’m enjoying what I do and I feel blessed.”
- Senator Ken LaValle is requesting nominations for a woman to be recognized as a New York State Senate First District’s “Woman of Distinction.”