- Riverhead Rotary Club’s annual Pancake Breakfast will be held on Sunday, Oct. 30. The breakfast spread will consist of pancakes — chocolate chip, blueberry or plain — sausage, applewood smoked bacon, eggs, bagels, coffee, tea and juice. This family-friendly event also features balloons, face-painting and temporary tattoos. Tickets are $14 for adults, $11 for seniors and $8 for kids. Kids ...
- If you work in the food industry, you should check out this workshop. It’s designed to teach industry pros how to take advantage of US farm raised seafood to complement the wild-caught supply of fish and shellfish.
- NFCT is looking for four actors (two men, two women) to play 19 characters in the play, which tells the story of a small town in Maine.
- Trying to quit smoking? This program may be one way to help you kick the habit.
- On November 15 PBMC will hold an evening dedicated to National Diabetes Awareness Month. Presentations on the disease, a vendor expo and lighting up the hospital in blue are planned.
- This popular run raises money to support the Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research and Preservation’s many programs.
- Meet the congressional candidates: incumbent Lee Zeldin and challenger Anna Throne-Holst at the Calverton Civic Association’s next monthly meeting Nov. 2.
- The always entertaining Harlem Wizards are returning to Riverhead on Nov. 10
- Disposing of expired, unused or unwanted medications improperly isn’t safe – it can lead to polluting our groundwater or even end up in the wrong hands. This program offers a safe and convenient way to get rid of those leftover drugs.
- The Wading River Fire Department will host an open house on Sunday, Oct. 16, from 12 noon to 4 p.m. at Wading River Fire Department headquarters, 1503 North Country Road in Wading River. All are welcome to tour the firehouse and to explore the vehicles, tools and equipment that are used to respond to emergencies within ...
- A stroke can be devastating. The good news is that strokes can be prevented and treated. Workshops like this one are one reason that people cope better post-stroke.
- This interactive, exploratory, hands-on family program investigates seals! How fun would that be?
- Celebrate the High Holy Days at Temple Israel.
Local artist from Maryhaven Center for Hope will display work at Riverhead Town Hall through November 11Local artist Joseph Ilacqua’s work is on display in Riverhead Town Hall’s gallery through Nov. 11.
- Riverhead Fire Department will hold its annual open house October 2
- Death rates from breast cancer have been decreasing in part due to awareness women gain through meetings like this one.
- A free four-month workshop designed to help Black women business owners begins tomorrow in Riverhead.
- The Harlem Wizards are returning to Riverhead this fall with a performance that will pit its star-studded basketball team against teachers and staff at Riverhead schools.