- One Guitar More, a concert performed by 30 East End musicians all playing the same 1961 Gibson guitar, will benefit Maureen’s Haven Homeless Outreach.
- Worried about Zika virus? Learn the latest updates at the talk by an infectious disease specialist at PBMC.
- Getting older often brings aches and pains in knees and hips. This informational meeting will offer news in the advances in joint replacement.
- If you’re you still looking for after school child care, check out the program at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Aquebogue.
- Learn how to keep Type 2 diabetes at bay by making some simple lifestyle changes you can learn in this free program.
- The fall East End Arts School will open a satellite site in Bridgehampton to serve its South Fork students better.
- Jamaica Bay is a birder’s paradise – it’s one of the best places on Long Island to see birds, and September is a great time to see migratory species.
- The newest gallery show at the Jamesport Manor Inn features photographs and watercolors of nature’s beauty.
- Quit smoking workshops sponsored by Suffolk County Department of Health and PBMC can help you kick this unhealthy habit for good.
- Save some homeless pets while enjoying scenic vineyards during peak harvest season on the North Fork.
Downtown will be hopping August 11: JumpstART unveilings, Nature Redux artist reception, Alive on 25 all scheduledDowntown Riverhead will be alive with art and music on August 11.
- Suffolk County is offering a free program for individuals with Type 2 Diabetes and their caregivers at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
- Looking for some old memorabilia? The 40th annual Antiques in the Church Yard sale is scheduled for August 27.
- Grab your boots and cowboy hat and head down to Hallockville’s 14th annual barn dance.
- Yearn for the manners of the “good old days”? Join one of Hallockville’s Victorian Etiquette Tours to learn some 19th-century social customs.
Riverhead Police Department asks all neighborhoods to join the 33rd annual National Night Out, August 2The RIverhead Police Department is asking residents to join their neighbors in observing America’s National Night Out and make a stand against crime on August 2.
- Enjoy live music, hors- d’oeuvres, an open bar and fabulous views of Peconic Bay while supporting the North Fork Animal League at their second annual Paws by the Bay fundraiser.
- The Flanders Fire Department and the Flanders-Riverside-Northampton Community Association are hosting a blood drive on Monday, July 11 at Flanders Fire Department headquarters, 19 Firehouse Lane from 2 to 8 p.m.