- Suffolk County is offering a free program for individuals with Type 2 Diabetes and their caregivers at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
- Looking for some old memorabilia? The 40th annual Antiques in the Church Yard sale is scheduled for August 27.
- Grab your boots and cowboy hat and head down to Hallockville’s 14th annual barn dance.
- Yearn for the manners of the “good old days”? Join one of Hallockville’s Victorian Etiquette Tours to learn some 19th-century social customs.
Riverhead Police Department asks all neighborhoods to join the 33rd annual National Night Out, August 2The RIverhead Police Department is asking residents to join their neighbors in observing America’s National Night Out and make a stand against crime on August 2.
- Enjoy live music, hors- d’oeuvres, an open bar and fabulous views of Peconic Bay while supporting the North Fork Animal League at their second annual Paws by the Bay fundraiser.
- The Flanders Fire Department and the Flanders-Riverside-Northampton Community Association are hosting a blood drive on Monday, July 11 at Flanders Fire Department headquarters, 19 Firehouse Lane from 2 to 8 p.m.
- A blood donation can save up to three lives. Donors to this drive are eligible to receive 2 free tickets to a Mets game.
Auditions for North Fork Community Theater’s next musical comedy, ‘First Date,’ will be held in AugustAuditions for the Broadway musical comedy ‘First Date’ at North Fork Community Theater are scheduled for August 1 and 2.
- If you are a Class of 1971 alumnus from RHS and you want to reconnect with some old friends, your 45th reunion is scheduled for August 20.
- The popular Jamesport FD parade and carnival will run from July 13 to July 16 this year.
- Are your youngsters curious about musical instruments? If so, this free program offered by East End Arts should be of interest to you.
- Calvary Baptist Church Vacation Bible School will take place during the week of August 15, 2016. Registration is now being accepted.
- RHS Class of 1976 is planning its 40th reunion for September 16, 17, 18.
- Southampton Town encourages youths to register for its new Chess Club program.
- Foster children are faced with stressful situations each time they are moved, and often those moves leave them with their few belongings “packed” in a trash bag. Becci Mendenhall is raising money to supply the children with their own duffel bags.
- The Long Island Science Center is holding a yard sale on June 25 to raise money to support itself.
- Award-winning author Arie Kaplan will speak about the contribution of Jews the entertainment arts as Temple Israel’s scholar-in-residence.