- The North Shore Chamber Choir’s 20th annual performances are sure to delight the community with popular and familiar holiday musical selections.
- Wading River Historical Society’s annual Holiday Tea and antiques appraisal has become a popular local event.
- Avoid the Black Friday mayhem by shopping the “Friday before Black Friday Vendor Sale” at the Riverhead Elks Lodge on Nov. 18.
- The boutique offers one-of-a-kind jewelry, ornaments, books, crafts, greeting cards and more.
- The Annual Heart Association’s eighth annual Healing Heart 5K run/walk will take place November 20 at Pugliese Vineyards.
- Don’t be alone on Thanksgiving. The Church of the Harvest is offering a free Thanksgiving dinner to all who might not have friends and family to share the holiday.
- If you have questions about going to college at LIU, don’t miss this informational event.
- Registration to play in the PAL boys’ and girls’ spring lacrosse season is now open.
- Kick up your heels line dancing at a great venue and help out a local organization’s fundraiser to benefit developmentally disabled people.
Holidays will arrive early at Kent Animal Shelter this year with open house, pet photos with Santa on Dec. 3 and 4Pet families – don’t miss this opportunity to let your furry friends tell Santa what they want for Christmas.
- The yearly event is put on by the Suffolk Theater and features food and beverage specials, dancing and entertainment.
- Halloween can be fun for kids, but can be very scary and dangerous for animals.
- East End Arts will hold its 30th Harvest Gospel Concert Series this November. The series of free concerts celebrates “the joy of music from the soul.”
- Riverhead Rotary Club’s annual Pancake Breakfast will be held on Sunday, Oct. 30. The breakfast spread will consist of pancakes — chocolate chip, blueberry or plain — sausage, applewood smoked bacon, eggs, bagels, coffee, tea and juice. This family-friendly event also features balloons, face-painting and temporary tattoos. Tickets are $14 for adults, $11 for seniors and $8 for kids. Kids ...
- NFCT is looking for four actors (two men, two women) to play 19 characters in the play, which tells the story of a small town in Maine.
- Trying to quit smoking? This program may be one way to help you kick the habit.
- On November 15 PBMC will hold an evening dedicated to National Diabetes Awareness Month. Presentations on the disease, a vendor expo and lighting up the hospital in blue are planned.
- This popular run raises money to support the Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research and Preservation’s many programs.