- The Rotarian has been traveling to impoverished villages in remote parts of the world to help bring clean drinking water, sanitation and health care to people in dire need.
- Dance the night away to the rock and blues music of three bands at a benefit for Riverhead’s veterans on March 4.
Riverhead councilman to be inducted as grand marshal of fourth annual Jamesport St. Patrick’s Day ParadeCouncilman James Wooten will be inducted next weekend as the grand marshal of the Jamesport St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- The 22-year-old Riverhead man won a trip to Palermo, Sicily this fall to compete in a vocal concert after taking the top prize at the SongUSA competition in Brooklyn last month.
- Bob Furlong, a driving force in Riverhead youth sports for decades died Feb. 15 at Stony Brook University Hospital after a long illness. He was 58.
- For the first time ever, the Waves made it to the finals in the Universal National Cheerleading Association National High School Cheerleading Championship in Orlando, Florida.
- Locals woke up to the sun shining and piles of the white stuff to be shoveled and plowed — and got right to work.
- When the weather outside is frightful and the fire is so delightful — most of us have the luxury of staying home for a “snow day.” Not these folks.
From North Fork classrooms to Kenya: Riverhead tech start-up, Brady Rymer will stream concert to schools across globeAfter connecting students from dozens of schools around the world, a Riverhead tech start-up will bring a special piece of the North Fork straight to their classrooms this week with a live-streaming concert by Brady Rymer.
- Homemade soups served in hand-crafted ceramic bowls, live music and a photo exhibit were offered up by Riverhead High School students to raise money for the Phillips Avenue Elementary School food pantry Thursday night.
A ‘redistribution of happiness’ — from California to Riverhead, a century-old postcard arrives at town hallA postcard mailed in Riverhead in 1908 found its way to Riverhead Town Hall, by way of California, where an elderly man who makes a hobby out of sending old postcards ‘home’ hopes to ‘redistribute’ happiness.
- The ninth annual Rockin’ for the Homeless event held at Polish Hall Saturday raised a bundle for John’s Place homeless outreach in Mattituck.
- Chief Rod Richardson, 49, a nine-year veteran of RVAC, was sworn in this month, succeeding two-term chief Bill Wilkinson in the post.
- Riverhead Fire Department’s Ironmen Drill Team hosted its eighth annual spaghetti dinner yesterday evening at fire department headquarters, where guests feasted on a classic Italian spaghetti dinner.
- The 15-year-old Riverhead High School student will travel with Circus Smirkus this summer for 66 shows across the Northeast.