- Despite overcast skies and rain, more than 170 people turned out to Run for the Ridley today, the 19th annual 5K race held in downtown Riverhead to benefit the Riverhead Foundation.
- Your complete guide to Halloween happenings across the North Fork and surrounding areas.
- A town park in Wading River is in better shape today thanks to the efforts of a team of more than a dozen department managers from Riverhead Home Depot.
- Riverhead doctor Bellamy Brook will travel to Haiti later this month to provide medical treatment and deliver food and water to a village devastated by Hurricane Matthew.
Medication take-back event collects 91 pounds of prescription drugs, another event planned this weekendRiverhead CAP collected nearly 100 pounds of unused and expired prescription drugs during a take-back event at the town highway yard – and this weekend, they plan to collect even more.
- Mike Davis wants to make sure local World War II veterans get the chance to see the Washington D.C. memorials dedicated to their sacrifice and service – and what better way than to accompany them there?
- Come say Happy 225th Anniversary to the Baiting Hollow Congregational Church, with a host of events planned over the course of two weekends beginning Oct. 28.
Riverhead’s first jack o’lantern garden to feature pumpkin carving contest, spook-tacular downtown displayA magical display of carved pumpkins will accompany this year’s Halloween Fest in downtown Riverhead, which will include prizes for different pumpkin categories.
- The Titan Challenge is the uber-race. Think Riverhead Ninja Warriors. Think Extreme Mud Run. You might be close.
Local Irish dance students win top spots at qualifier, will travel overseas to compete in championships next yearFive students from a local dance studio have earned a spot in an international Irish dance championship and will travel to England next year to compete.
- First Date, a lighthearted musical comedy that captures all of the awkward, funny and touching moments of a budding relationship, opens Thursday.
- Fresh air, fall foliage and 5K fun run fundraiser – all wrapped up in one fabulous morning. The Riverhead Running Club is hosting its second annual Trick or Trot 5K fun run and race on Oct. 29.
- It is observed through fasting, which is done to repent for the sins between man and God and is the culmination of the “10 days of repentance.”
- Third New York Regiment re-enactors set up camp today in Southold. The encampment continues tomorrow. Photo slideshow.
- Today’s dreary skies and misty rainfall didn’t dampen the spirits of Riverhead Blue Waves fans who turned out for the 2016 Homecoming Parade today. (Photos and vide0.)