- An independent film director is eyeing up Riverhead’s runway as the location for his next horror short. Terry Wickham, a filmmaker from Copiague, is one of five directors contributing a horror short to comprise a feature-length film called Devil’s Five. Wickham went before town board members today to request the license fees ...
- Baby osprey that have mesmerized countless fans who watched their birth by webcam continued to capture hearts last night, when rescuers came to the aid of one little chick who’d gotten into some trouble. According to Elizabeth Flagler, media rep for PSEG Long Island, a “rescue effort” took place in East ...
- Riverhead firefighters rescued a man trapped in his vehicle after a two-car accident Friday on Edwards Avenue.
Flanders, Riverside, Northampton seek zip code split— 11902, 11903 and 11904 would be served by Riverhead facilityHaving their own zip codes would foster community identity, and eliminate confusion from 80 duplicate addresses within the 11901zip code, which is spread over two municipalities.
- Riverhead Town is cooperating fully with the Suffolk County district attorney’s office in its investigation into sand mining activities, according to Riverhead Supervisor Sean Walter.
- “There is no way we would support that,” Mark Woolley, Congressman Lee Zeldin’s district director, told a meeting of civic association leaders last night, even though Zeldin voted for the bill in a vote last month.
- With the high heat and lack of rainfall, the water district, which is pumping just under 20 million gallons per day, is “running everything full tilt,” the supervisor said.
- A Flanders man was charged with arson after he was caught setting fire to safety bollards in a Route 58 shopping center last night, according to Riverhead Town Police.
- RHS and RMS announce fourth quarter honor rolls.
- Playing in a summer league for the first time— even making the playoffs — gave the Riverhead boys soccer team a big boost.
Instead of going D-I for one sport, Riverhead’s Danni Napoli decides to play two at D-III SUNY GeneseoDanni Napoli could have played D-I softball or field hockey, but that would have meant choosing one over the other. The Blue Waves All-State, Player-of-the-Year star will play both at Geneseo next year, where she will also major in mathematics.
With the help of father-figure coach, former Blue Wave Zikel Reddick turns things around in CaliforniaWith the help of a beloved coach, Riverhead Blue Wave running back gets a fresh start at California prep school, where he posts good grades in the classroom and great stats on the gridiron, making All-State and getting looks from D1 universities.
- The state DEC has proposed a 33-percent reduction in our black sea bass quotas for next season. Meanwhile, sea bass fishing is going gang busters on the North Fork! ...
- You’ve met them. The five super-annoying golfers who can ruin your game: the talker, the ‘pro,’ the whiner, the bloodhound, the daydreamer.
- How many people can lay claim to a vacation marked by injuries on more than one continent? At a certain point, it’s time to say, “OK vacation, I hear you. I hear you, you witchy, whiny, nasty, drama queen. I’m done with you, too.”
- Who can resist a crispy outside with cheesy filling—stuffed with citrus shrimp topped by sour cream, guacamole, and salsa?
- Democratic town board candidates urge care and thoughtfulness moving forward with downtown redevelopment. If we rush and make the wrong choices, they argue, Riverhead will be forced to live with the consequences for many years to come.
- Republican town board candidate Tim Hubbard: A building moratorium downtown would send the wrong message to prospective developers and is the ‘polar opposite’ of what downtown really needs.
- Can we talk about air conditioning? Because I’ve just returned from Barcelona and they seem to have skipped over the AC craze, deciding instead to keep on keeping on with the heat and humidity. No matter that the city is not all that far from the equator and has 300 days of sunshine a year. I ...
- Jesus wept. Those two words formed into a simple sentence speak volumes to those who grieve. They remind us of the humanity of Jesus and that Jesus shares in our human pain and our grief. Jesus wept when His friend Lazarus died, even though He knew God could raise him from the dead. I remember the first time ...
- It’s a very long walk from New York to New Orleans — 900 nautical miles, in fact — but 27 PBMC Health employees were up to the task.
- Watch along with Michele as she guides you through a workout set to song that you can do in your own home.
Public Meetings Calendar