- The box with the DIY assembly couch weighed 97 pounds. It didn’t fit in the car. It was sleeting and there were many miles between the store and our home. What could go wrong?
- Turns out, adulthood has plenty of unforeseen drawbacks.
- According to Laurie, parenting worries (even those really, really irrational ones) never go away – they just change and grow as our kids do.
- Dealing with a husband in discomfort is like having a toddler throw a tantrum because he tried to rinse his potato chip and then insisting that you make it crispy again – there’s no mollifying either of them.
- Cinnamon bun pancakes with cream cheese drizzle icing.
- Forget the chili. Serve up something even impatient New Yorkers are willing to wait in line for. Bring the Halal Guys to your kitchen with this winning game day meal that’s sure to score big with everyone at your party.
- Here’s something that’s good for what ails you – chicken and dumpling soup.
- A hearty first meal for the New Year that’ll set your stomach right, it’s easy and quick to make — perfect if you were up too late having a little too much fun on New Year’s Eve.
- The secret to love can be summarized in just three principles.
- Hope is a conscious choice. Choose hope and it will be the cornerstone of your life.
- Forgiveness of those who have wronged us, even grievously, allows us to turn a horrendous event into a blessing.
- The season reminds us: Emmanuel, ‘God with us’ is true all the year long.
Bits and Pieces
- Recalling memories of moments great and small makes us realize that’s the “stuff” of life.
- Despite overcast skies and rain, more than 170 people turned out to Run for the Ridley today, the 19th annual 5K race held in downtown Riverhead to benefit the Riverhead Foundation.
- Peconic Bay Medical Center has a nationally recognized physician assistant on board. Find out how he earned that honor.
- Feeling sluggish? Worried about your health? Join PBMC’s Women’s Wellness seminar to learn how small lifestyle changes can bring big results.
- Robert M. Galler, DO, MPH, has been appointed the director of neurosurgery at Peconic Bay Medical Center.