- Pre-caffeination is a dangerous and primitive time during which Laurie’s on autopilot. Lord help the man who gets between her and her coffee.
- Armed with Lysol and determination, Laurie takes on germs in a turf war for control of the Nigro household.
- When being a shopaholic results in having too much laundry for her “old lady washing machine,” Laurie has it out with the appliance repairman.
- See what happens when Laurie suggests game night for some quality family time.
- Here’s something that’s good for what ails you – chicken and dumpling soup.
- A hearty first meal for the New Year that’ll set your stomach right, it’s easy and quick to make — perfect if you were up too late having a little too much fun on New Year’s Eve.
- Long work days or afternoons filled with holiday lists that only seem to get longer are in need of a perfect ending. This velvety smooth, creamy tomato soup with cheesy croutons will do the trick.
In the Kitchen
No more boring turkey sandwiches: Spice up those leftovers with this tasty southwest soupTired of those boring leftover turkey sandwiches and bland casseroles? Here’s a delicious and easy way to serve up those leftovers with a southwestern flair.
- Forgiveness of those who have wronged us, even grievously, allows us to turn a horrendous event into a blessing.
- The season reminds us: Emmanuel, ‘God with us’ is true all the year long.
- Miracles are not so hard to believe in when you see them through the eyes of a child.
- It may take God years to respond to prayers, but the season of Advent reminds us that waiting in joyful expectation will be rewarded with an answer in the time He knows is right.
Bits and Pieces
- Celia reflects on uncertainty – the one constant in life of which we can all be certain.
- Despite overcast skies and rain, more than 170 people turned out to Run for the Ridley today, the 19th annual 5K race held in downtown Riverhead to benefit the Riverhead Foundation.
- At the end of the first year of operation of medical marijuana dispensaries in New York, including Suffolk’s only dispensary located in Riverhead, the debate about the newly legalized drug continues.
Uncertainty over East End cardiac cath lab location continues, with two sites again recommended to commissionerThe location of a future cardiac catheterization facility on the East End remains up in the air, as the Public Health and Health Planning Council today recommended approvals for both Peconic Bay Medical Center and Southampton Hospital.
Bucking staff recommendation, health committee approves cardiac cath labs for both Riverhead and SouthamptonA state public health committee today decided to ignore the recommendations of department of health staff, which picked Peconic Bay Medical Center as the sole East End site for a cardiac catheterization lab.