- Riverhead’s indoor farmer’s market is open for its fourth annual season today and every Saturday through April 29 at 117 East Main Street. The market’s hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free.
- The Suffolk County Police Department Impound Section will hold a vehicle auction on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 9 a.m. at the department’s impound yard in Westhampton.
Bill to create new zip code for Flanders, Riverside and Northampton passes U.S. House, goes to SenateA bill that would create a new zip code for the hamlets of Flanders, Riverside and Northampton passed the United States House of Representatives in a unanimous vote today.
Legislation to create new zip code for Flanders, Riverside and Northampton set for a vote in House tomorrow: ZeldinA new bill that would create a separate zip code for the hamlets of Flanders, Riverside and Southampton is expected to be passed by the House tomorrow.
- Advice from state consumer protection officials on how to shop safely online this holiday season.
- Former Riverhead Police Officer and councilman Tim Buckley, who was killed in an apparent homicide in South Carolina, was laid to rest today at Calverton National Cemetery. Hundreds of mourners gathered to pay their last respects today at a Wading River church.
Local residents sign up for Jan. 21 ‘Women’s March on Washington’ to protest incoming administrationHundreds of East End residents, including more than 100 from the North Fork, are boarding buses for the nation’s capital to join the “Women’s March on Washington” Jan. 21.
- A wind advisory is in effect today until 10 p.m. for Long Island and the New York metropolitan region. The National Weather Service said west winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of up to 50 mph are expected today, with the heaviest winds expected late this morning into ...
- Riverhead Town Police are inviting the community to coffee. The police department is hosting four informal sessions on Tuesday morning, Nov. 22, from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at locations across town.
- Riverhead Town Board yesterday unanimously approved a site plan to convert an East Main Street property into a restaurant and hotel.
Bucking staff recommendation, health committee approves cardiac cath labs for both Riverhead and SouthamptonA state public health committee today decided to ignore the recommendations of department of health staff, which picked Peconic Bay Medical Center as the sole East End site for a cardiac catheterization lab.