- Columbia Care is launching a new controlled-dose, solid-filled medical marijuana pill that will be the first of its kind in the nation.
- No one turned out for a public hearing on a local authorizing the Riverhead Town Board to pierce the property tax levy cap in 2017.
- The area’s five local fire districts will hold public hearings tonight on their proposed 2017 operating budgets. State law mandates fire districts to hold public hearings on proposed budgets for the coming fiscal year on the third Tuesday of October. The law requires the fire districts to file their proposed budgets with ...
- Republican Lee Zeldin and Democrat Anna Throne-Holst will answer questions on environmental issues Tuesday, Oct. 17 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Culinary Arts Center in Riverhead.
- The proposed merger was approved Thursday by a vote of more than 80 percent of the shares eligible to vote. It will become final after approval by federal regulators.
- Grangebel Park’s gravel paths, constructed in 2010 and destroyed by Superstorm Sandy in 2012, have been ripped out and replaced with asphalt walkways.
- It lies beneath us and, without thinking much about it, we all rely on it to survive. But what is the state of Long Island’s aquifer — the sole source of drinking water for the island’s nearly 8 million residents? Is it polluted or pristine? Abundant or depleted? What can ...
‘Stop Throwing Out Pollutants’: Free, safe disposal of household hazardous wastes,
e-wastes and medications SaturdayRiverhead residents can safely dispose of household hazardous wastes and unwanted prescription medications free of charge Saturday at the Riverhead Highway Department facility on Osborn Avenue.
Are you registered to vote? Here’s how you can make sure and here’s how to register online — Deadline: Friday, Oct. 14The deadline to register to vote in this year’s election is Friday, Oct. 14. Check your own voter registration status and find out how to register — you can do it online — here.
- Hoping to open a community dialogue on the subject of bias and discrimination, Riverhead’s Anti-Bias Task Force is hosting an open meeting next Monday evening in Aquebogue.
- Today is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a rundown of what’s open and what’s closed today.