- The auction will feature 100 vehicles including sedans, pickup trucks, vans, SUVs and motorcycles. All vehicles are sold in “as is” condition and all sales are final. Preview times will be held Sept. 29 and 30.
Joe’s Crab Shack shuts down Riverhead restaurant; struggling chain’s Northeast restaurants performed poorly, CEO saysJoe’s Crab Shack has closed its doors for good at the Route 58, Riverhead location.
Riverhead’s upgraded sewer plant ‘a model for our nation,’ as it recovers up to a half-million gallons a day for irrigationRiverhead’s sewage treatment plant upgrade and the innovative wastewater reuse partnership with the county golf course garnered accolades yesterday from a high-ranking federal Environmental Protection Agency official and environmental activists. The “incredibly innovative” $24 million upgrade and reuse project, completed with financial assistance from federal, state and county governments, is “a ...
- Developer David Gallo of Georgica Green Ventures today unveiled his plans for a 118-unit apartment building with ground-floor shops and restaurants on McDermott Avenue in downtown Riverhead.
- Two festivals at L.I. Sports Park in Calverton previously nixed by the Riverhead Town Board have been given the green light after all. The board on Tuesday rescinded its previous resolutions denying special event permit applications from Starfish Junction Productions to hold the “Long Island Potato Festival“ and the “Pour the ...
- A town board public hearing has been set for Oct. 18 on a local law authorizing the town to pierce the tax levy limitation for fiscal year 2017. If the town board adopts the law, it will be legally authorized to exceed the tax levy limitation with its 2017 budget. If ...
- An ongoing dispute between a Baiting Hollow community and the Riverhead highway superintendent over responsibility for maintaining roads in the community has made its way to court.
- Riverhead Town will hold a lottery Monday evening for permits to hunt on certain town-owned lands during archery season for deer.
- Angry words flew at the Board of Education meeting last night over the question of how much salary and other information should be provided to the public about employee salaries and credentials when the board is acting on personnel resolutions.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Festival has been canceled this year, but Riverhead BID will still hold a Halloween parade in downtown Riverhead along with trick-or-treating.
- Motorists should expect lane closures between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Friday on Route 25 between Wading River-Manor Road and Route 25 as the State DOT repairs and resurfaces the roadway, beginning tonight weather permitting.