Is the horseshoe crab headed for extinction? Suffolk scientist believes days are numbered for these ‘living fossils’Horseshoe crabs are facing possible extinction after 455 million years of life on Earth — largely because it’s become an Asian delicacy.
Bellone’s budget, which comptroller calls ‘fraught with peril,’ set for legislative vote Wednesday in RiverheadBorrowing to fund police retirement payouts, over-reliance sales tax receipts and one-shot revenues sources: it’s all a recipe for disaster, county comptroller says.
- How an ongoing 30-year research study of 678 nuns shows the connection of gratitude and a positive life outlook on physical and mental health and longevity.
Charter schools have led a barely perceptible but much-needed revolution in public educationCharter schools have opened the way for wider acceptance of school choice and the “no excuse” college prep schools for low-income kids.
In My Opinion
In My Opinion
From Obamacare to Trumpcare: What to expect if the controversial health care law is repealed and replaced as promisedAn insurance agent who’s dealt with the changing landscape of health care and health insurance for more than 20 years gives his insights on what will likely happen if the Affordable Care Act is repealed.
- Residents of the Town of Riverhead, you and I have what it takes to shape the future of our community, ensure our rural quality of life, and continue to protect our critical, natural resources.
- Without my realizing it early on, Kitty set an eye-opening example of the woman I could be to: confident in what I believe in and who I am, and not afraid to speak out or apologize for any of it.
- Keep shining. You never have backed down and never will. Thanks for all you do.
- “It’s a shame what this town is turning into.”
- As we gather with friends and family to celebrate America’s national day of Thanksgiving today, let’s remember the people who serve and protect us each and every day, the people who make our country and our communities places we cherish.