- Free tuition at New York’s public colleges has a history going back nearly two centuries and has played a pivotal role in the upward mobility of middle and working class youth.
- Legislator Rob Trotta of Fort Salonga, enraged by increases of more than 100 percent in fees charged by the county for various services, says he will introduce a bill that will cap increases in county fees at 2 percent per year.
Should state step in to stop Suffolk’s fiscal free-fall? Probably, but politics intervenesDrastic action is needed to save our insolvent county, but political alliances get in the way.
- Is there room for civil discourse anymore, as ridicule and disrespect take a tighter grip on both sides? Seeing the problem this way may help solve it. Is there any hope for the approach Abe Lincoln prescribed: “with malice toward none?”
In My Opinion
In My Opinion
From Obamacare to Trumpcare: What to expect if the controversial health care law is repealed and replaced as promisedAn insurance agent who’s dealt with the changing landscape of health care and health insurance for more than 20 years gives his insights on what will likely happen if the Affordable Care Act is repealed.
- Residents of the Town of Riverhead, you and I have what it takes to shape the future of our community, ensure our rural quality of life, and continue to protect our critical, natural resources.
- Without my realizing it early on, Kitty set an eye-opening example of the woman I could be to: confident in what I believe in and who I am, and not afraid to speak out or apologize for any of it.
- Keep shining. You never have backed down and never will. Thanks for all you do.
- “It’s a shame what this town is turning into.”
- Today, we hope the message of this season will be heard throughout the world: Peace on Earth and good will to all!