- Despite overcast skies and rain, more than 170 people turned out to Run for the Ridley today, the 19th annual 5K race held in downtown Riverhead to benefit the Riverhead Foundation.
- The Titan Challenge is the uber-race. Think Riverhead Ninja Warriors. Think Extreme Mud Run. You might be close.
- Fresh air, fall foliage and 5K fun run fundraiser – all wrapped up in one fabulous morning. The Riverhead Running Club is hosting its second annual Trick or Trot 5K fun run and race on Oct. 29.
- Designated bike routes are not really the “bicycle paths” the signs imply, but often merely the narrowest of shoulders at best.
- Get out your bicycle and join the Rec Department’s Bike to Breakfast – a great way to make new friends, get some exercise, and spend time with family, too.
- Anglers brought in sea bass, blues, fluke, porgy and scup on local waters.
- Jamaica Bay is a birder’s paradise – it’s one of the best places on Long Island to see birds, and September is a great time to see migratory species.