Police & Fire
- Police are looking for a man who fled from an officer during a traffic stop.
- Police issued a description of the suspect who they say wore a ski mask and demanded cash from a clerk in the Hanes brand outlet.
- Two more suspects have been arrested in connection with the Thanksgiving Day break-in at Splish Splash Water Park by BMX joy riders, Riverhead Police announced this morning.
- Ice and snow apparently contributed to an accident on Sound Avenue east of Herricks Lane this morning at about 4:45 a.m.
- A long-vacant house set back in the woods off Main Road in Riverhead was destroyed by a fire thought to be set by a downed tree pulling down power lines near the house, which was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters responded to a 2 a.m. call.
- Riverhead Police are seeking the public’s help to locate and identify the man who held up the Walgreens Pharmacy on Route 58 on Sept. 1.
- Police said an unknown person or persons entered a home on Breezy Point Road in Wading River and “removed a considerable portion of the copper pipes water lines within the residence, causing extensive damage.”