Woman airlifted after T-bone crash on CR 51; child passenger and driver of truck that hit her SUV are also sent to hospitalsA woman was airlifted following a two-vehicle crash on County Road 51 near the county center this afternoon that sent another adult and an infant to area hospitals.
- Six people have died following a horrific multi-vehicle accident on the Long Island Expressway in Manorville Sunday.
- Riverhead Town Police are searching for a man who robbed the Chase Bank branch on Route 58, east of Ostrander Avenue late Monday afternoon.
- A patron called police at 2 a.m. today, after he returned to his home following an alleged assault outside Royal Dorado Deli and Restaurant, which the town shut down last year for allegedly illegally converting the deli to a bar without proper permits.
- Riverhead Police detectives are seeking information about a single-car crash on Route 25 in Calverton late last night that injured one person.
- The crash left three people dead on the scene. Two others, including a 10-year-old boy, died at area hospitals as a result of injuries sustained in the crash, which left six more people injured, at least one of them critically.
- An outdoor fire police believe may have been intentionally set did extensive damage to two vehicles outside a Route 58 auto dealership in Riverhead late last night.