- A Riverhead man was arrested on stolen property and weapon possession charges last night after a car theft at a Route 58 convenience store. Riverhead Police said they responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at the 7-Eleven located at 162 Old Country Road last night at about 8:35 p.m. The owner of the vehicle said ...
- One person was injured in a single-car crash on Sound Avenue in Aquebogue this morning.
- A Southampton parolee with a history of felony drug convictions is facing new felony drug charges after a traffic stop by Riverhead Police on Riverside Drive last night.
- Firefighters found a vehicle fully engulfed in flames when they responded to a call for downed and arcing wires on West Main Street. Live wires landed under the car parked and set it ablaze.
- Riverhead Police today arrested a Wading River man in connection with the armed robbery of a Wading River gas station in during last month’s blizzard. Police said Kevin P. Warner, 20, was charged with first-degree robbery in the gunpoint hold-up of the Valero station on Route 25A in Wading River. Warner was an inmate the Suffolk County ...
Laser strikes on aircraft, like the incident over Mattituck Monday night, have more than doubled this decadePolice are searching for the person who pointed a laser at a commercial jetliner as it flew over Mattituck late Monday night. There were an average of more than 18 such incidents per night in the U.S. in 2015.
- A Riverhead woman was arrested by Riverhead Police detectives today on possession of stolen property and identity theft charges.