- A 1947 Stinson 108 was forced to make an emergency landing on a runway at the former Grumman site in Calverton yesterday.
Man charged by Suffolk cops in two bank holdups will be charged with Riverhead Capital One heist, too, police sayA man arrested by Suffolk Police yesterday in connection with robbing banks in Patchogue and Commack will also be charged with holding up a Capital One branch in Riverhead April 26, according to the county police department.
- John Moretti, 30, was driving in Farmingville when he apparently lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a fence and tree this morning.
- A masked burglar used a large rock to break out the glass of the entry door of an Osborn Avenue deli-cafe early this morning and made off with an undisclosed amount of cash
- Police continue to search for the man who robbed the Capital One Bank on East Main Street was Monday afternoon at about 5:20 p.m.
- An unoccupied vehicle caught fire in the BJ’s parking lot at around 9:38 a.m. Riverhead Fire Department dispatched an engine and quickly dosed the flames.
- Police said the man was driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol when he crashed his 2014 Dodge Pickup truck into a utility pole on route 25 in Calverton yesterday morning at about 10 a.m.