- Local schools and police are on alert after several reports of creepy clown sightings across Long Island this week and vague threats on social media toward Long Island schools.
- A two-car crash on Route 58 today sent one person to Peconic Bay Medical Center with minor injuries, according to police. A Mazda minivan exited the Empire gas station on Route 58 and attempted to cut across two lanes of traffic and make a left-hand turn onto Oliver Street, according to police. As the minivan attempted ...
- A 24-year-old Flanders man had cocaine, marijuana, scales, packaging materials and a loaded .38 caliber hand gun in his home when police executed a search warrant there Monday, according to a police report.
- A large wooden storage building at a Sound Avenue business in Northville burned to the ground early this morning, but Jamesport firefighters were able to prevent it from spreading to two other attached structures.
- A 25-year-old Riverhead man was charged with grand larceny and DWAI after a police officer spotted him operating a vehicle that had been reported stolen from a parking lot adjacent to McDermott Avenue, according to a news release.
- A man was beaten and robbed at knifepoint on West Second Street Friday night at about 9:20 p.m.
- A pedestrian was seriously injured when she was struck by a car as she attempted to cross Route 58 Friday night, according to Riverhead Town Police. It was the third serious vehicle-pedestrian accident this month on the five-lane county highway.