- Reports of an “active shooter” at Suffolk County Community College this afternoon are unfounded, a college spokesperson said.
Police offer reward for information on Oct. 21 hit-and-run crash that injured motorcycle operator in CalvertonThe operator of a Harley-Davidson was injured when his bike was struck by an unknown vehicle at about 11:30 p.m. on Oct. 21 on Route 25A in Calverton. Suffolk County Crime Stoppers are offering a cash reward for information leading to the arrest of the hit-and-run driver of the vehicle that hit him.
- Suffolk Police said John Gamble of Wildwood Trail fired shots from a 9mm handgun in the parking lot of Southside Hospital early this morning, while his twin brother was undergoing emergency surgery there after being shot on East Main Street in Riverhead.
- A Riverhead man stabbed his wife multiple times and then stabbed himself early this morning on Segal Avenue. Both were rushed to area hospitals.
Riverhead Police hunt for gunman who shot another man during after-party dispute on E. Main Street early SaturdayA man was shot two or three times by another man during a dispute on East Main Street early Saturday morning after the two left a “club event” at the Suffolk Theater.
- Six people were arrested in Riverhead last night in an East End DWI Task Force and Riverhead Town Police Department enforcement operation, Riverhead Town Police announced in a press release this morning.
- A young child was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital after a two-vehicle rollover crash at the intersection of Horton and Reeves Avenue that injured seven people this afternoon.