- There was an active fire in a second-floor apartment when firefighters arrived on scene at about 7: 15 p.m., First Assistant Chief Peter Jackman said.
- The operator of the bike was ejected and went through the windshield of the sedan, according to an emergency worker. Both the biker and the driver of the car sustained head injuries and were transported by Suffolk County Police helicopters to Stony Brook.
- The two residents safely evacuated the home under heavy smoke conditions. Neither was injured. One firefighter sustained a minor injury during firefighting operations.
- Riverhead Town Police are looking for a masked gunman who robbed the Citgo gas station on the corner of Route 58 and Osborn Avenue last night.
- A major investigation has led to the dismantling of two drug distribution networks on the East End and the arrest of 14 people, including three members of the Bloods street gang, Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota announced at a press conference in Riverhead today. Nine of those arrested were Riverhead residents. Several of those involved were ...
- A man walking on Third Street in downtown Riverhead last night was attacked and robbed by two men on bicycles, according to Riverhead Town Police, who are searching for the assailants.
- Two crashes on Doctors Path within 15 minutes of each other sent three people to area hospitals this evening.