- After a slow start, Riverhead had a strong second half for the win.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves boys basketball team fell to Northport last night at Riverhead High School, 43-37.
- Southold got past McGann-Mercy in a non-league game yesterday at Southold High School.
- It was a tale of two halves yesterday on the Riverhead High School basketball court. The Waves ended the first half just one point behind the undefeated Walt Whitman Wildcats, but they were outscored 34-18 in the second half.
- McGann-Mercy (3-3, 3-4) dominated Southold/Greenport (0-4, 2-4) throughout, finishing with a 56-37 victory.
- Riverhead was outgunned by Half Hollow Hills East 79-65 at Riverhead High School yesterday.
- The Blue Waves took a tough loss in overtime to Smithtown West Tuesday after a back-and-forth OT battle that ended in a one-point win on a free throw, 57-56.
- Grace Dow, Kim Liggon, Shannon Schmidt, Rease Coleman, Katie Goodale, Kayla Kielbasa and Sarah Rempe were honored by the Suffolk County Field Hockey Coaches Association Monday night.
- After a record-breaking year, the players and coaches of SWR’s football team were honored by the Board of Education.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves dominated the floor in a 68-33 romp over the McGann-Mercy Monarchs.
- McGann-Mercy boys lost to William Floyd 63-38, in a non-league matchup at McGann-Mercy High School yesterday.