- Photos from Riverhead High School’s Varsity Awards presentation on June 1.
- Five Riverhead High School athletes who have received scholarships to play for Division I or Division II schools this fall were honored at a signing ceremony today at the high school.
- Top-seeded Center Moriches defeated McGann-Mercy in the first round of playoffs yesterday.
Girl’s lacrosse: Longwood 17, Riverhead 16
Waves knocked out of playoffs in season-ending game against LongwoodRiverhead finished 12th, just a spot behind the 11th place slot that would have gotten them into the playoffs for the first time in school history.
Boys Lacrosse: Sachem North 9, Riverhead 6
Senior Day loss leaves Waves in a must-win situation for last regular-season gameThe Riverhead Blue Waves suffered a tough loss yesterday to Sachem North in their last regular season home game, 9-6.
- Southold mounted a three-run rally in the 5th inning for a come-from-behind win over McGann-Mercy.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves cruised to victory over Brentwood today, 14-4.
- Both offense and defense played hard for the Waves, with Jacob Coleman as goaltender making several brilliant saves throughout, but it just wasn’t enough to overcome Patriots.
- Mattituck handily defeated McGann-Mercy by a score of 15-0 today on the Monarch’s home field.
- Three Riverhead High School wrestlers have earned the Suffolk County Wrestling Coaches Association Scholar Athlete Award.
- Good fielding and solid pitching won the game for McGann-Mercy.