- Top-seeded Center Moriches defeated McGann-Mercy in the first round of playoffs yesterday.
Girl’s lacrosse: Longwood 17, Riverhead 16
Waves knocked out of playoffs in season-ending game against LongwoodRiverhead finished 12th, just a spot behind the 11th place slot that would have gotten them into the playoffs for the first time in school history.
Boys Lacrosse: Sachem North 9, Riverhead 6
Senior Day loss leaves Waves in a must-win situation for last regular-season gameThe Riverhead Blue Waves suffered a tough loss yesterday to Sachem North in their last regular season home game, 9-6.
- Southold mounted a three-run rally in the 5th inning for a come-from-behind win over McGann-Mercy.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves cruised to victory over Brentwood today, 14-4.
- Both offense and defense played hard for the Waves, with Jacob Coleman as goaltender making several brilliant saves throughout, but it just wasn’t enough to overcome Patriots.
- Mattituck handily defeated McGann-Mercy by a score of 15-0 today on the Monarch’s home field.
- Three Riverhead High School wrestlers have earned the Suffolk County Wrestling Coaches Association Scholar Athlete Award.
- Good fielding and solid pitching won the game for McGann-Mercy.
- Ward Melville took an early lead, but Riverhead pushed back in the second half, narrowing the Patriot’s lead to only three points until Ward Melville bounced back and secured their win.
- Riverhead lost to Smithtown East 17-4 at home yesterday afternoon