- Independent swimmer and Blue Waves freshman Brianna Cybulski has been competing for the last three seasons as an independent swimmer for Riverhead.
- The Blue Waves field hockey playoff run is over. Riverhead fell to Ward Melville 6-1 at Ward Melville High School today in the quarterfinals.
- The Riverhead Blue Waves lost their last home game of the season today to Half Hollow Hills West, 26-6.
- After two overtime periods, the Waves won their second shootout this week, defeating West Babylons 2-1, advancing to round two of the playoffs.
- Riverhead beat Huntington in a penalty shootout this afternoon, 4-2, in a continuation from Tuesday’s game.
- The Blue Waves’ hopes for post-season play rest on a penalty shootout scheduled for Thursday at 3 p.m. due to their game Tuesday being called for darkness.
- Riverhead played well during yesterday’s home game, but could not overcome Eastport South Manor’s tough defense and solid offense.
- It was quite the barn burner at Mike KcKillop Memorial Field today, as the Riverhead Blue Waves defeated the Copiague Eagles 27-26.
- Riverhead defeated North Babylon 5-0 at Riverhead High School today. The girls turned in a solid effort, both on offense and defense, which did not allow many shots on net.
- The hard-fought game ended in a double-overtime tie.
- The Monarchs fell to Mattituck 7-1 yesterday in Mattituck. Photo gallery.