TOWN OF RIVERHEAD
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a public hearing will be held before the Town Board of the Town of Riverhead, at Riverhead Town Hall, 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead, New York, on the 21st day of April, 2015, at 7:10 p.m., to consider a proposed local law for the addition of Chapter 113 in the Riverhead Town Code entitled “Hunting”.
Chapter 113. Hunting
113-1. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Deer Hunter Permit Waiver
- WHEREAS, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (hereinafter referred to as “NYSDEC”) amended New York State regulation 6 NYCRR 1.24(e), effective December 31, 2014, which thereby amended New York State Environmental Conservation Law section 11-0903(7)(c), to authorize each town in Suffolk County to waive, by local law, the New York State requirement that each deer hunter obtain a permit provided by the NYSDEC and issued by the Town to hunt during the special firearms hunting season in Suffolk County; and
- WHEREAS, the aforementioned amendment to New York State regulation 6 NYCRR 1.24(e) and concomitantly NYSDEC section 11-0903(7)(c) regarding the deer hunting permit waiver, was enacted by the NYSDEC for the purpose of reducing the administrative burden encountered by towns in Suffolk County in processing hunting permit applications and permit issuance; and
- WHEREAS, deer hunters in the Town of Riverhead shall still be required to obtain a landowner’s endorsement from the subject property owners and satisfy any other locally-mandated hunting requirements; and
- WHEREAS, deer hunters in the Town of Riverhead shall still be required to comply with all other New York State and NYSDEC laws, regulations and rules regarding deer hunting;
- NOW THEREFORE, the Town of Riverhead does hereby waive the New York State requirement that deer hunters in the Town of Riverhead obtain a NYSDEC deer hunting permit to hunt deer during the Suffolk County special firearms hunting season, as authorized pursuant to New York State regulation 6 NYCRR 1.24(e).
Underlined material represents new text.
Dated: Riverhead, New York
March 18, 2015
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD
OF THE TOWN OF RIVERHEAD
DIANE M. WILHELM, TOWN CLERK
We need your help.
Now more than ever, the survival of quality local journalism depends on your support. Our community faces unprecedented economic disruption, and the future of many small businesses are under threat, including our own. It takes time and resources to provide this service. We are a small family-owned operation, and we will do everything in our power to keep it going. But today more than ever before, we will depend on your support to continue. Support RiverheadLOCAL today. You rely on us to stay informed and we depend on you to make our work possible.