Police, emergency services agencies and Peconic Bay Medical Center will conduct a full-scale mass casualty exercise on Saturday morning at the hospital on Roanoke Avenue.
The training exercise is designed to test the public safety response to a mass casualty incident, the hospital said in a press release.
Numerous “victim actors” will be triaged and transported to area hospitals as part of the exercise, according to the press release.
Roanoke Avenue will be closed to traffic from Middle Road to the Route 58 traffic circle from 7 a.m. to 12 noon.
Local, county and state Agencies participating in “Operation Black Swan 2018” include:
- Riverhead Police Department
- Riverhead Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Suffolk County Police Department
- Suffolk County EMS
- Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office
- Suffolk County Correction Officers Association
- Suffolk County Department of Rescue & Emergency Services
- Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council, Inc.
- New York State Police
- NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- NYS Department of Health
The survival of local journalism depends on your support.
We are a small family-owned operation. You rely on us to stay informed, and we depend on you to make our work possible. Just a few dollars can help us continue to bring this important service to our community.
Support RiverheadLOCAL today.