Courtesy photo

A quick response by Jamesport Fire Department Friday afternoon prevented a potential electrical fire at a home on Main Road in Aquebogue, according to a press release issued by the department.

Firefighters responded to an alarm for a structure fire at the residence at 3:19 p.m.

A resident reported that there was smoke and fire coming from an electrical outlet with possible fire within the walls. Chief Gary Faucon ensured that the fire was extinguished and that the power was cut to the outlets, the release said.

Jamesport Fire Department responded with two engines, a heavy rescue support truck and Fire Police for traffic control, to keep the Main Road open during the event.

JFD received mutual aid and support from Riverhead Police, Riverhead Volunteer Ambulance Corps and a Northwell First Responder.

The scene was declared under control and turned over to PSEG and the Riverhead Town fire marshal’s office, which is investigating.

We need your help.
Now more than ever, the survival of quality local journalism depends on your support. Our community faces unprecedented economic disruption, and the future of many small businesses are under threat, including our own. It takes time and resources to provide this service. We are a small family-owned operation, and we will do everything in our power to keep it going. But today more than ever before, we will depend on your support to continue. Support RiverheadLOCAL today. You rely on us to stay informed and we depend on you to make our work possible.

SHARE